Verified Reviewer

Unethical charge to my account

I inquired about becoming a new patient in Indianapolis that appeared to be a bona fide doctor; after calling 3 times, finally someone answered (had left 2 voicemails) and gave me the song &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; dance about their great program; set me up with appointment would send lab kit; cancelled next morning, returned unopened lab kit, still waiting on my $299 credit for nothing. Scam bogus charge unethical.
Columbus, Indiana
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

No one answers calls

I have called both the Pittsburgh iffice of Dr Wharton and the Customer Service number and no one answers. In fact, the Customer Services number doesn't even ring! I want to stop this process before it goes any further. I cant afford it and none of this was made known to me yesterday when I initially called.
#2029659

Hello Jamela, We are very sorry you are dissatisfied with your experience. This is not the reputation BodyLogicMD strives for.

We want to make sure you get connected with the appropriate team member to rectify this situation.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience at 888-587-**** or 877-846-**** or email me directly at PatientRelations@***.com so we can move forward with getting you the help you deserve. Thank you for the opportunity to make this right.

#2028575

-02

View more comments (1)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Understand the Dangers of BIo-Identical HRT

I was a patient for 2 years and received pellets every 90 days like clock-work. I bought all the supplements in addition, completed all the blood testing and paid for everything out of pocket (except for the blood work).

I had a mammogram two years ago at the start of my BodyLogic treatment and that mammogram was completely “clean.” Upon my 2 yr mammogram on July 28, 2019, I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer Stage Two. I understand from my doctor that there is no test for patients to determine if they are candidates to develop cancer from HRT, but I don’t accept that response. My cancer is Estrogen and Progesterone Positive. And it is spreading or metastasizing throughout my upper body.

I need to have chemotherapy for 14 weeks, then surgery and radiation. I am terrified.

I would recommend that if you have embarked on HRT, that you get tested immediately. I am looking into legal action against BodyLogicMD.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Response from Dr. Petruzzelli: “In my practice, I do not prescribe the hormones that were shown to increase cancer. In an effort to accurately respond while also protecting this patient’s health information, I have contacted them directly to discuss their care.”
ID
Pros
  • Bodylogic physician in hartford is excellent
Cons
  • Prescribed improper medicine for my concerns
Reason of review
Contracted cancer from the treatments
Loss
Preferred solution
Lawsuit

Administration Fee $299 on first call! Thieves!

My adult autistic daughter is desperate for help. The salesperson was very personable, using my daughter's name repeatedly, and relating her experience to mine.

I was not told that this is an independent company, in Florida, whose personnel are not familiar with the patients in-house at the physician's office. A very fast-talking representative secured my bank information. I assumed this was to be sure this information was readily available for the first visit. After receiving paperwork via email, I found out that a $299 fee she mentioned was immediately taken out of my daughter's $750 per month SSI account.

This is for my daughter's living expenses for an entire month! It's Christmas time! The amount was listed as an "Administration fee!" For God's sake, I would have NEVER agreed to that bull, had I heard those words, and understood a payment would be made before a visit! I immediately requested my daughter's money back, and was met with an overbearing attitude, questioning me why it mattered that they were not the doctor's personal staff.

I believe it is important to have truly caring, personally available staff. She talked over me and told me my daughter needed the help!!! I would never had discussed my daughter's personal problems with someone who would not be familiar with, nor vested in patient care as human beings! I do not trust this company in returning the money (in TEN days).

Therefore, I immediately contacted my bank. I could hardly speak for crying, knowing my daughter had been so taken advantage of in this. They are CROOKS! They are swift salespeople, which the person denied being.

The bank was very helpful and will resolve this in about 5 days.

Thank God my daughter will have her Christmastime, (almost half of) monthly living expense money back! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

BodyLogicMD Reply:
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me explain our side.

BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, so it operates a little different from a conventional doctor’s office. While you may be able to utilize your insurance for some of the requested lab tests, in most cases, out of pocket fees, do still apply. BodyLogicMD charges a processing fee any time testing is ordered – which is roughly 3-4 times a year. This processing and administration fee covers all of the back office work that is done related to your appointments and treatment. The fee-splitting is offered as a financial convenience to patients. If you visit a BodyLogicMD practice, you may notice that the in-office staff is much smaller than a traditional medical practice, and that’s because the practitioner has a support team that operates remotely and handles all of the administrative work. Doing this allows the practitioner to spend more time with you and focus entirely on your care, and while some may view this as an extra fee, in reality, it helps keep the consultation fees low compared to other concierge practices. If you have any other concerns or would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at president@bodylogicmd.com. Again, we're sorry that you didn't have a more positive experience, and we wish you the best of heaqlth moving forward.
ID

Beware!!! When you call for an appointment, KNOW that these "ADMINISTRATORS" do not know your physician, are not part of their office team, and will take their "discounted" $299 fee before you hang up

With one phone call---What started as a hopeful resource for my autistic daughter to obtain bio-identical hormone therapy, turned into an horrific financial experience. My daughter's SSI account ($750 per month) was immediately charged an "administrative fee" of $299 dollars for establishing a "tentative" appointment and emailing forms.

I did not understand that this was not the physician's office privately paid personnel, nor that office fees were not included in the $395 first visit.

My daughter's medicaid will not pay for this physician. It is Christmas and my grown, disabled daughter has been deprived of nearly half of her monthly living expenses for N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!

Have requested a refund (10 days!) but for lack of trust, have taken it up with my bank to get this money back.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
I think you may have left two reviews, but you didn’t leave any contact info. We apologize for the billing issue, and we just want to make sure that your issue has been resolved. Please contact us at president@bodylogicmd.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Just don’t. More

I forgot this part. Add to my previous information.

I also developed a bacterial overgrowth that my doctor said was due to the hormones.

I’m currently on an antibiotic for that. Overall, my experience with Body Logic was painful, ineffective and expensive with no positive results.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Again, we are sorry that our services did not meet your expectations. These results are atypical, but if you have any further concerns, please contact us at president@bodylogicmd.com.

Don’t. Just don’t.