Huge Waste of Money

After $3000.00 in blood tests & a 1 hour consult with the MD to review the results, I was given hormones & sent on my way. I was also given a 'hard sell' to use a liver cleanse, which I rejected.

My follow up for the prescriptions was not 2 or 3 weeks but rather, 3 MONTHS later! No physical exam. Overall, this company is a scam. They prey on our desire to look & feel younger & quite frankly, I don't want PMS symptoms again, which is what I got!

I'm still going back & forth with bills from the bloodwork lab & the MD who engaged me is probably making a fortune. I'm angry & disappointed & I want my MONEY BACK!

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for your comment. We’re sorry to hear about your experience; please let me explain our side.

BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, so it operates a little different from a conventional doctor’s office. While you may be able to utilize your insurance for some of the requested lab tests, in most cases, out of pocket fees, do still apply. BodyLogicMD charges a processing fee any time testing is ordered – which is roughly 3-4 times a year. This processing and administration fee covers all of the back office work that is done related to your appointments and treatment. If you visit a BodyLogicMD practice, you may notice that the in-office staff is much smaller than a traditional medical practice, and that’s because the practitioner has a support team that operates remotely and handles all of the administrative work. Doing this allows the practitioner to spend more time with you and focus entirely on your care, and while some may view this as an extra fee, in reality, it helps keep the consultation fees low compared to other concierge practices.

Because BodyLogicMD is not insurance based and the practitioners are not considered “in network” with insurance, we cannot guarantee insurance coverage because every policy is different and out of network coverage varies between policies.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honest review and will work to be more clear in the future.
Bodylogicmd Hormone Replacement Therapy Procedure
Cons
  • Hungry for money
$2000
Full refund

$1000 later

They will only use their pharmacy in Columbia SC. The vitamins and a diet program are sold in the office.

There is no exam, just a conversation and prescription that is called in. The cream estrogen and testosterone 50/50 with a progesterone pill have given me no relief. My 6 week follow up call never happened. I requested my Rx to have it filled local, no response.

So i took everything to my gyno and my general. Neither of them understood what was measured and thought the cream dosage too low.

Most important they explained the compounds can be 60% to 100% off the Rx. Go see a regular doctor, dont waste your money on bodylogic.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me explain our side.

It is important to note that while many general practitioners and OB/GYN’s may offer the same realm of treatment (BHRT), many practitioners are not properly trained or qualified to do so. Hormone physiology is complex and unfortunately, balancing hormone levels requires an expert. It isn’t as cut and dried as prescribing a seemingly “low” hormone to fix the imbalance because many hormones can convert into others once in the body, and if that is not taken into consideration, you could potentially be in worse shape than when you initially started. The practitioners within our network at the most-highly trained in BHRT and integrative medicine and are required to complete over 200 hours of extensive training and be dedicated to ongoing training to really get to the root cause of your symptoms to provide long-term solutions, not short-term fixes.

We value your health and that is why we work closely with trusted pharmacies. It may surprise you, but many compounding pharmacies have their own language and prescription interpretation, and they all speak differently. For example, what one pharmacy may interpret as a single 5mg dose, another pharmacy may interpret as two doses – one 3mg and another 2mg with fillers. This is more common than you may think, and without a negotiated interpretation language, you run the risk of improper dosing and delivery, making treatment less successful. That is why at BodyLogicMD, we are passionate about creating a dedicated language with the trusted pharmacies we recommend. Our Chief Medical Officer works with the Chief Pharmacist to develop a dedicated language to ensure you are getting the most potent and accurate compounds. We want to facilitate accurate transmission and fulfillment of your prescriptions so the pharmacies can provide you with potent, effective prescriptions and thereby safeguard you from potential prescription pitfalls.

Due to their size, local compounding pharmacies may not be fully cognizant of federal or state regulations in regard to properly cleaning sterile rooms, testing raw materials or air flow contamination, and some are quietly cited behind the scenes without patients being aware of the risk they may have been exposed to. A case in point is New England Compounding Center (NECC). NECC seemed to be your average family-run, neighborhood pharmacy. But, in September 2012, one of the worst public health tragedies rocked the compounding pharmacy profession – a fungal meningitis outbreak was linked to tainted injections compounded by NECC, resulting in 64 deaths and sickening over 750 others.

At BodyLogicMD, your health and wellness is our top priority, and we take it very seriously. There is no such thing as “good enough.” That is why when it comes to compounding pharmacies, we are committed to providing you the highest quality care, and we work closely with trusted pharmacies that have been vetted, both medically and legally.
Bodylogicmd Medical Care

POOR DOCTORS,

WENT TO THEM HAD LOW T AND HARMONE ISSUES, GOT TESTICLE SHRINKAGE WAITED 6 WEEKS FOR MY NEXT BLOOD WORK, ACCORDING TO MY NEW DOCTOR THEY WERE HORRIBLE IN GVING ME PROPER HCG AND CLOMID IN DOSAGE AND IN A TIMELY MATTER,. IF YOU HAVE LOW T DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

IM NOW 100 PERCENT.

THEY NEVER HAVE ANSWERS AND WAIT TO LONG FOR THE NEXT BLOODWORK ACCORING TO MY NEW DOCOTR BLOOD WORK SHOULD BE DONE 3-4 WEEKS AFTER AFTER TESTOSTORNE TREATMENT (VERY IMPORTANT) TO SEE WHAT KIND OF DOSAGE YOU NEED IF YOU WAIT TO LONG LIKE BODY LOGICS YOU CAN HAVE MAJOR ISSUES. DONT GO THERE!!!!

BodyLogicMD Reply:
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. It is also important to note that while many general practitioners and OB/GYN’s may offer the same realm of treatment (BHRT), many practitioners are not properly trained or qualified to do so. Hormone physiology is complex – especially for men – and unfortunately, balancing hormone levels requires an expert. It isn’t as cut and dried as prescribing a seemingly “low” hormone to fix the imbalance because many hormones can convert into others once in the body, and if that is not taken into consideration, you could potentially be in worse shape than when you initially started. Certain hormone symptoms can even mimic other hormonal symptoms. The practitioners within our network at the most-highly trained in BHRT and integrative medicine and are required to complete over 200 hours of extensive training and be dedicated to ongoing training to really get to the root cause of your symptoms to provide long-term solutions, not short-term fixes.

I inquired online. The person who called me was snide and selling a lot but had no answers.

I have very legitimkg health concerns which she ignores and said it was fine.

*Be very careful if you have health problems. They obviously don't pay attention.

Bodylogicmd Medical Care
Bad quality

I would be recommend. Non caring

I would never recommend Susan Compton, PA, or Dr Thackery. Neither of these providers cared about me as a person and patient at all.

During the first visit I paid almost $800 and they were very interested in seeing me as Susan Compton pushed $300 worth of supplements for me to buy Which she said I needed to feel better Which I later purchased the same type but better quality, lifeextension, on Amazon for $50 total. The short story is they are only concerned with money to include pursuing me too use there own bodylogic supplements and to get any and all prescriptions they write at "wells pharmacy" which is a compounding pharmacy. Compounding pharmacies are usually very economical but this is not the case here. The doctor thackery and his Susan Compton, PA accept payment from client and then they send the prescription to "wells pharmacy".

they do this so they can collect a very large payment from me and then pay "wells pharmacy" a very small amount of money. this is highly unethical at the minimum and maximum be illegal. There multiple interactions with me was 100% non-caring. I had to go here for 8 months as I have a serious hormone problem and was desperate to find a solution.

I ended up educating myself in party by learning from Susan's mistakes she made in my medication dosage which occurred 3 times (which I caught). This caused me one week of feeling absolutely terrible and several nights of heavy sweating from body imbalance. She also prescribed two medications that NIH said should never be taken together. I brought this to her attention and she said, "we have many patients on these two medications.

I recommend you stop one, per the NIH guidelines" and then charged me $300. Incredible audacity. Follow up phone call visit are $300 for 15-30 minutes on the phone. The most important point is there total lack of caring for me.

The second is the multiple medication errors and prescribing two medications NIH said should never be taken together.

About this health Care facility if you people can. I recommended lifeextension.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
We understand your concerns, and we are very sorry for the confusion and miscommunication you experienced – that is never our intention. Because BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, it operates a little different from a conventional doctor’s office; please let me explain.

BodyLogicMD is the nation’s largest network of highly-trained practitioners that specializing in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and integrative medicine. Here’s where integrative medicine, which offers much broader treatment options than are available with mainstream medical therapies, enters the picture. While integrative medicine does have some similarities to conventional medicine, such as being evidence-based, utilizing advanced diagnostic testing, and offering treatments prescribed by licensed medical professionals, it also makes use of scientifically validated alternative therapies and addresses the whole person’s life, including the nutrition, lifestyle, and environmental factors that influence their health. Perhaps most importantly, integrative medicine aims to achieve one main thing that conventional medicine too often fails at: going beyond the mere treatment of symptoms to identify and reverse the causes of an illness. The NIH publishes medical studies, but advances in medicine are made daily so treatment plans will vary and will always be in the best interest of your health based on the most cutting-edge research and technology.

To clear up, when prescriptions are ordered the practitioner does not charge you for them. Your prescriptions are paid for through Auto-Orders which is a service provided to help you manage your prescriptions. Because prescriptions are ordered through compounding pharmacies, it can take a few days to compound your hormones and have them sent to you as compared to a traditional pharmacy with patented drugs where you can call ahead for a refill and pick it up a few hours later. We know that life can get hectic and it’s easy to forget to call in refills until you’re completely out, and we would hate for you to go without – that is the beauty of Auto-orders; they will manage your prescriptions and email you friendly reminders about prescription refills, order dates, and more. We apologize that the office manager did not fully inform you about the program while in the office – that is never our intention and we will work to correct this in the future. So, again, thank you for sharing with us so we can improve.
ID
#1120235 Review #1120235 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Over Priced Services and Improper Dispensing of Meds

I had an initial appointment on 10-2-17 with Dr Rubin. An hour long consult with the doctor ($495) that lasted 30 mins, 10 minutes utilized by Dr Rubin talking about how great he was.

My main concerns of a dry mouth due to medications was not addressed properly. The medicines he prescribed for me made the situation worse instead of better. I spent almost $2000 on lab work and I feel worse than I ever have. I will never go back to his office ever again.

Wells Pharmacy recently notified me that my prescriptions are due for a refill. One of the medicines listed is Levothyroxine.

So much for being a natural medicine. My bottle is labeled T3/T4...ugh

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for sharing your review. The thyroid is a delicate hormone and in some situations where autoimmune issues are present, natural thyroid medications such as Armor, can be ineffective and potentially make symptoms worse. However, thyroid medication can be compounded with T3 (which is called liothyronine) and T4 (which is called levothyroxine), so that may have been why you saw levothyroxine listed as one of the hormones from Wells Pharmacy.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment but will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for sharing!
Bodylogicmd Treatment
Cons
  • Prescribed improper medicine for my concerns
  • Given a synthetic medicine requested bio-identical
  • Does not listen to patients
Price reduction

Stay away

Total scam stay away feom this place

Not as described/ advertised

Misleading information regarding the cost of service

I had to take the time to write this review because I need to alert the consumers about this business. First of all it is very unethical what they do and they are for the most part interested in your money.

I decided to give this company a chance thinking that even though there are some bad reviews out there that they might not be all accurate. When I contacted BodyLogic the first time I was told that I had to pay $199.00 for my lab work (urine labs) which I did pay. After a week or so I got a package in the mail that contained instructions on how to collect the samples that they needed to perform the required tests. I also received instructions to get blood tested at Quest Diagnostics which it was done very quickly.

The doctor would not see you until you get all these tests done which makes a lot of sense. I am so excited about getting everything completed so that I could see the doctor as soon as possible because I already have the symptoms of hormonal imbalance and I really wanted to get that back on track. I contacted the office a week ago to follow up on my appointment and I was told that the Doctor was booked for the whole month of June and they would get back to me to see if anyone had cancelled. Several days later I got a message asking me to contact the office since they had availability for me to come see the Doctor in June.

When I called the office they actually had an appointment for the following day which I immediately accepted. I also asked how much I would have to pay that day for the whole appointment and the procedure, I was told that it would be $495.00 plus $35.00 for each pellet inserted up to 5 total. Well at this point of time I am saying to myself it is a lot of money I am going to invest in my health. The appointment was confirmed and the following morning at 10:00 a.m.

I am on my way to see the Dr. When I got there I was asked to sign a whole bunch of paperwork which is understandable, however I bumped into a specific document that I had to sign that detailed the cost of all the treatment. I noticed that I saw an additional charge of $295.00 for the insertion of the pellets which had not been previously discussed with me. I stood up and approached the receptionist and informed her that this had not been disclosed to me.

She began to explain that this was included and that it is part of the treatment. I again reiterated that this was not discussed with me and this was additional fee not included in my budget of what I had to pay for services that day. The other shocking statement that the receptionist shared with me was that my inserts/implants where not going to be done that day and that the consultation of $495.00 was only to cover the discussion of my lab results which is outrageous since my medical doctor can explain this without any problems and all I have to pay is $20.00 deductible so obviously there is a scam somewhere. I cancelled my appointment immediately and asked to get my lab results since I had paid for them.

I waited until my lab results were printed and took them to my medical doctor. I also found another medical practice that manages hormonal imbalances and are not out to take your money and run like Bodylogics. Please, please do not allow this business to take advantage of you.

They have a practice of giving you misleading information and/or not give you the entire information that you need to make the right decision. Save your money and go to a doctor that specializes in Hormonal Imbalances, most likely your insurance will cover and if not at least you are dealing with a doctor that will give you the right information and the right treatment.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me explain our side.

BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, so it operates a little different from a conventional doctor’s office. While you may be able to utilize your insurance for some of the requested lab tests, in most cases, out of pocket fees, do still apply. BodyLogicMD charges a processing fee any time testing is ordered – which is roughly 3-4 times a year. This processing and administration fee covers all of the back office work that is done related to your appointments and treatment. This fee is paid for a few weeks before your consultation when you decide to get started to order testing for upcoming appointments. If you visit a BodyLogicMD practice, you may notice that the in-office staff is much smaller than a traditional medical practice, and that’s because the practitioner has a support team that operates remotely and handles all of the administrative work. Doing this allows the practitioner to spend more time with you and focus entirely on your care, and while some may view this as an extra fee, in reality, it helps keep the consultation fees low compared to other concierge practices.

We are sorry that you felt misled and scammed – that is not our intention. All patients are sent an email upon getting started that outlines the costs that were reviewed. The consultation fee is paid to the practitioner at the time of your appointment and prescriptions costs are paid to the pharmacy or through the Auto-Orders department following. Prescription costs vary dependent upon your treatment plan. Pellet insertions are a surgical procedure and the rate is set based on the industry standard combined with the practitioners experience. Pellets are generally inserted during a follow up visit to your initial appointment, a week or two later. We are very sorry you felt misled and we will work to resolve this issue moving forward.
Bodylogicmd Treatment
Cons
  • Excessive cost
  • Morals and ethics surrounding their practice
  • Hungry for money
Pricing issue

Contact me. In email provided jrpvkp@***.com

I come to this site often to see if anything has changed; but it only gets worse! I am so sorry to hear/read all of your horror stories and worse yet they are the exact same horror stories that I have.

The $295.00 for the initial testing, done outside their office by Quest or some other lab, they have billing medical codes for things such as "cortisol platelet test, etc." and there are two columns of these coded tests; all of which have $0.00 by it. Then the only non-coded block is the administrative fee, which is the $295.00, which your insurance company cannot accept a claim for because there is no medical code. Obviously there is no medical code because it is just some trained (untrained) high school girl behind a computer putting in the order to quest! Their time for putting this in the computer is probably 5 minutes at most and their hourly salary covers their time I would think?

So when I started asking questions about the $295.00 "administrative fee" they stampeded and babbled and got very rude and told me just as I mentioned above, "It is the cost of us having to run the request in the computer." What cost? It is like sending an email to Quest; and judging from their reaction they did not like me inquiring! Like many of you I spent thousands of dollars, probably more because it sounds like many of you got smart long before I did! I was just so desperate to feel better and get my life back.

Then when I mentioned my insurance company name to the doctor...DURING THE 4TH VISIT MIND YOU....it finally hit him that he may have a conflict regarding double dipping my insurance company and told me, while I sat there right in front of him, our medical doctor/patient relationship is over immediately. He will do the pellet injection today with no charge but he cannot see me again. He would make a referral to send me to a different BodyLogic doctor; to only find out that I was in the same situation with the insurance issue. So now I was angry and voiced my opinion in a calm well articulated email (which I kept a copy of to cover myself) and I found out that no one in the Body Logic community will touch me!

Which is not a big deal because after a doctor cuts me and throws me out right in an appointment I paid for....the red flags are finally up and glowing bright. I wish we could all could communicate/compare/contrast our experiences and see if any of our rights have been violated. I freely put down my email, jrpvkp@***.com if anyone is interested in looking into something like this because judging from all that I am reading and as smart women we know something doesn't seem right. If at the very minimum our rights were violated by their first oath of medical practice; which is something to do with the best interest and safeguarding of health for each patient they see.

Utilizing morals and ethics to be sure the patient is getting the best attention possible in a legal and morally ethically practice. It seems BodyLogic is not too much concerned about those of us who are hanging on by a thread medically; they took our money with such ease and never seemed to feel any compassion for our financial situations/insurance/or how we could continue such expensive care. And don't even get me started on the costly supplements charged to my credit card on "auto re-newal" which usually was screwed up somehow each month! I am very serious about sharing the above email for anyone who is interested in discussing/comparing our situations.

I know if we had enough people with the same stories, the facts and figures and paper trail would speak volumes on its own, and some One may want to hear our stories? Again, pass it on, jrpvkp@***.com, Valerie, for anyone who is frustrated enough to get together either via email, Snapchat, skype, etc. And if the website crawlers are dirty enough to delete this email/post, then I will even take it to another level because I have two adult witnesses watching me type and send this post; and believe that I copied it prior to sending so there could be no altering to what I originally wrote. Again, my heart breaks for all of you in the same situation as I was/am in, the horror story of my BodyLogic Days.

All of my visits are documented and notes were very meticulous and detailed as that is just the way I am with all important meetings; little did I know I might need them for a reason such as this :( Please contact me, I am so serious about this, we deserve answers, compensation, and medical help that is generated from concern and compassion and not greed and ego! I hope all of you have found some form of help for whatever the condition that brought you to body logic in the first place.

Unfortunately I haven't so if nothing else use my email to send me your suggestions? Best wishes, prayers, and luck to all who have had the unfortunate luck to put their trust in Body LogicMD!!!!!!

BodyLogicMD Reply:
We understand your concerns, but because BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, we operate a little different from a conventional doctor’s office. Please let me explain.

While you may be able to utilize your insurance for some of the requested lab tests, in most cases, out of pocket fees, do still apply. BodyLogicMD charges a processing fee any time testing is ordered. The processing and administration fee covers all of the back office work that is related to your appointments and treatment. If you’ve noticed, the in-office staff is much smaller than a traditional medical practice, and that’s because the practitioner has a support team that operates remotely and handles all of the administrative work. Doing this allows them to spend more time with you and focus entirely on your care, and while some may view this as an extra fee, in reality, it helps keep the consultation fee low compared to other concierge practices.

For example, the practitioner were to order testing for you through the office and not through BodyLogicMD, they would need to hire additional staff to assist with placing lab orders, tracking down your results, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, calling to confirm appointments, managing prescriptions, and to have someone on call for after hour calls and emails. All of these services are provided by BodyLogicMD and supported by the processing fee associated with testing. If these services were provided through the office solely, the practitioner’s consultation rate would nearly double.

In addition, when testing needs to be completed for a scheduled appointment, the practitioners within our network feel that it is most efficient to order through BodyLogicMD because they are confident in the process and follow through. The support team contacts patients 6-8 weeks prior to their appointment to order testing – ensuring you have ample time to complete it. As mentioned, they will track down your results, and if there were any errors or issues on the diagnostic level, they would notify you so it can be taken care of prior to your appointment to avoid rescheduling. More often than not, when testing is ordered from the office (like in conventional medicine practices), patients invariably forget to do their testing in a timely fashion, the wrong testing is performed without anyone knowing, or results get lost and we have no labs for the appointment – causing you to have to cancel or reschedule. When this happens, it jeopardizes the viability of the practice.

We understand that your health is the top priority and that your time is valuable – this business model respects that. It provides the practitioner with the time and information needed to get to the root of your symptoms and develop a treatment plan to help optimize your health while also recognizing and respecting your time and schedule. It is for these reasons that BodyLogicMD charges a processing and administration fee when testing is required.

We do apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding surrounding this as well as for the rude correspondence. That will not be tolerated and we will look into it to avoid any misleading and negative interactions in the future.

I don't want to leave my name bc I am still a patient there, unfortunately (and I fear their reaction - how bad is that to be afriad of your doctor office?). I have major endocrine problems and have been unable to find any other local doctors to help me other than them.

However they are SO unkind, lacking in compassion and empathy, flat-out rude, unbelievably money-hungry and they refuse to help when needed due to their own mistakes and errors. Their billing, testing and appointment booking systems are horribly confusing and inaccurate and then they blame you. The fees are outrageous. They will just cut me off from my hormones with no tapering or anything if tests arent done to the minute or bills arent prepaid in full, In fact you have to PAY before your appointments and I pay for 100% of everything in full on time.

They gauge you by forcing you to use their pharmacies when I can get the Rxs at my pharacy with my insurance for $10 instead of paying hundreds for the same thing through theirs. It's been a nightmare and I don't want to go back but I am too sick to try to find someone else to help me.

I would do anything for a doctor referral in my area to go to instead of them. Can anyone help?

I want to thank you for your post. I am desperate to stop my mood swings so I have been looking for answers that my "normal" dr.s can't give me.

I thought body logic was the answer but wanted to research it first. I am so glad I did. There are so many bad reviews I will not waist my time nor my money.

I appreciate everyone who takes the time to write these reviews and warn consumers. I guess I will try a naturopath or functional medicine dr!

@PissedConsumer1452936

I just made an appointment to see this bodylogic dr. The first thing the receptionist told me was that the doctor who is closer to me will not take anyone who is Medicare eligible.

So she scheduled me to see someone else who is 1hr+ drive away. I have to pay $299 first+$100 for lab work with the Quest diagnostic which is just a blpck from my house. So i paid $399. 00 beforehand and she will send me bottles for urine test and i will mail it back to them.

Then i will fill the questionnaire online before i can see the doctor. I was happy because i said i will be relieved of all these symptoms. But something inside me is telling me why dont you see the review of this company before you put yourself in trouble. I have to pay another $499.00 after i see the doctor.

I was scheduled to see the doctor in August. This is May. Then before i can look at the review, the receptionist called me from a number which is Florida number and i begin to be skeptical about this company and she left a message that the credit card i gave didn't go through so she is going to take $149.99 and the remaining $249.99 she will take on Friday. I called her back and i said please cancel the whole thing.

I wll call you back. She said why, you will feel good and get your life back again. I said cancel, i have to speak to people and see the review. I have to call my bank to stop the payments because i have cancelled the order.

Thank you so much. It was the Florida phone number that gives me a hint that there's something wrong with this company.Delerose chicago

View more comments (2)
Bodylogicmd Treatment
Cons
  • Indifference towards the customer
  • Excessive cost
  • Morals and ethics surrounding their practice
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

PLEASE do not go here!!

Do yourself a favor and do not go here. I was desperate from trying doctor after doctor to help with my thyroid disease and extreme fatigue.

Bodylogic was pitched to me as HRT. I spent close to 3500 just for the testing and visit with the doctor. At the visit after your testing they will go over what they feel needs to be addressed. Then you find out this is "natural" ways to fix imbalances, and they will push their supplements on you.

What they tried to sell me would have been another 600 A MONTH and they take your credit card so they can put you on auto refill. When I asked about progesterone etc., which is what I was supposed to receive she told me no, I will not give you that without you taking the supplements. I bought a few of the supplements, hoping she would fill my script for the HRT but no she didn't. I have called several times, no answer, tried calling the "supplements" line to inquire and they were very rude and dismissive, telling me that she didn't put in any order for meds, suggested I call the doctor again.

I have called, left emails, called the main number, nothing. I am so frustrated I want to cry, I didn't have the money to spend in the first place, and then to be misled and ignored feels like a slap in the face. If I could file against them I would, but they have form after form you have to sign that will not allow you to do so. I guess that alone should have been my first red flag.

I am starting to see that this is big business, and most of these companies are just a scam. Do the research and know that even if you ask a lot of questions you probably aren't going to get the truth.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please let me explain our side.

BodyLogicMD is not insurance based, so it operates a little different from a conventional doctor’s office. While you may be able to utilize your insurance for some of the requested lab tests, in most cases, out of pocket fees, do still apply. BodyLogicMD charges a processing fee any time testing is ordered – which is roughly 3-4 times a year. This processing and administration fee covers all of the back office work that is done related to your appointments and treatment. The fee-splitting is offered as a financial convenience to patients. If you visit a BodyLogicMD practice, you may notice that the in-office staff is much smaller than a traditional medical practice, and that’s because the practitioner has a support team that operates remotely and handles all of the administrative work. Doing this allows the practitioner to spend more time with you and focus entirely on your care, and while some may view this as an extra fee, in reality, it helps keep the consultation fees low compared to other concierge practices.

Almost my exact experience. Had multiple reactions to the meds and suppliments.

Could never reach the doctor, all the staff ever cared about was the auto renew or the $199 just to order bloodwork.

Many of the ways the practice works are unethical. Go somewhere else.

I'm so sorry that happened!!! My goodness!

How evil! I hate it when doctors take advantage of sick people, to get rich off our miseries...

I am hypo and super fatigued as well, but will now NOT go to body logic after reading about your horrible experience... Thank you!

View more comments (1)

Real doctors?

I received the email below. I checked the email address and thought it odd for what he was selling.

Searched, found company website, and then searched for reviews. Multi-faceted business I guess. From: Steven Walls ekissel@ bodylogicmd. com Subject: Apple is Hiring Car Owners (Attractive Pay) Do you have a car?

Have a designed advert of Apple Inc. product pasted on the some portion of the body of your car and get $ 400 weekly. Want to know more? Simply reply.

Steven Walls Why do I need to enter at least 100 words? To paraphrase Friedrich Nietzsche, “It should be an author's ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book.” Or as Blaise Pascal said in The Provincial Letters, “I have only made this letter longer because I have not had the time to make it shorter." (Letter 16, 1657)

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have a devoted IT team that works diligently on cyber security to prevent spam emails from being sent. We believe this is a unique situation, but will look into it further. Thank you.

Dr. Anstandi

Sadly the doctor is great, the office manager sucks. She answers the phone, but is never in the office.

She will answer in stores and in her car. She can mever remember anything or follow up. I gave this office several opportunities to get things right, never got there. I dr used to address the doctor with my concerns, oddly it seems she filters his email or he is just ignorant.

The response didn't match the concern. The response was to find an other doctor. No problem there.

Seems a bit odd, but people are tangled in their own webs. Would not recommend this doctor based on his lack of concern for how the patient is being handled by an unprofessional staff.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Dr. Anstandig’s office manager. Please know that we will look into this and work with Dr. Anstandig to resolve the issue.

The doctor at my location never had any office staff in the office. Everything goes to a centralized number where they are lackadaisical about returning calls and rude

Bodylogicmd Manager

BodyLogicMD - Review in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers category

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience. I was seriously considering going to BodyLogic, but not anymore!

BodyLogicMD Reply:
In your search for a bioidentical hormone doctor, there is a lot to consider when it comes to your health and wellbeing. Anti-aging clinics seem to be popping up on every street corner, but that doesn’t mean that all practitioners are equally qualified to prescribe hormone therapy. Balancing hormones is a delicate act that isn’t taught in medical school and requires more training than a quick weekend seminar. Advanced and ongoing education is necessary to truly understand the complexity of hormones, how hormones can convert once they are in the body and how they interact with all facets of the body.

Think of it this way: hormones work like a symphony in an orchestra, and all parts must be in sync to optimize performance. The orchestra is your body, and you’re the conductor. However, if one musician isn’t pulling their weight or jeopardizing the overall performance, they need to be replace. As the conductor, don’t you want the most qualified person for the job that understands the interrelationships and workings of a symphony? The same goes for hormone replacement. To get everything optimized and working in sync, you need the most qualified practitioner that fully understands the ins and outs of hormone balance.

Practitioners within the BodyLogicMD network set the standard when it comes to being specially trained in hormone optimization. With over 60 practitioners nationwide, BodyLogicMD makes up the largest network of highly-trained practitioners specializing in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) and integrative medicine for both men and women. To join the network, all practitioners must complete over 200 hours of extensive training and pass both oral and written boards with the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine and maintain an active membership with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), in addition to being dedicated to ongoing education. So when you visit with a BodyLogicMD affiliated practitioner, you can rest assured knowing you’re in the hands of a top-tier professional.

BodyLogicMD - Treatment Review

BodyLogicMD - Treatment Review

This company is all about the money, no bedside manner at all just money! I wish I would have NEVER gone to this place.

It all started with a pushy, rusty phone call from a BodyLogicMD Rep that DID NOT want to answer my questions at all and was rude as ***....the only thing she wanted was my credit card info to get things "started". Being that i was in desperate need to get my hormones balanced while going through perimenopause, I actually thought this was my last resort.. I spent $599 to hear her talk for 60 mins about my labs and that's it. What a rip off!!!

After that "Talk with the Doctor" that they call a "consultation" I walked out when the rude front desk lady told me that my total would be $1100!!!! I was totally thrown off!!! I thought that the pellets was included In the $595 talk...but they told me that I paid $595 just for her to go over my labs!!!!???? And that the counsultation, plus my pellets and the 20 additional supplements that she included to my treatment plan to get my hormones and thyroid back up to par, comes to a whopping $1100.

SERIOUSLY??? Well I called my husband who was pissed about it as well because this was clearly NOT what I was told, to Handel this problem with the Doctors "husband" the Office Manager. My husband was able to talk him down to paying $400 instead of $500. He informed him that they are in bad business, and have NO BEDSIDE MANNER!!!

While I was in desperation mode, trying to get help for my perimenopause symptoms, they decided to take FULL ADVANTAGE of that!!! Health care and it's workers suck now ah days.....it's only about the money...they could give a rats *** about you. And that's scary!!!

I would never refer anyone to this company or its affiliates, they will rob you before you know it! The $595 is NO WHERE IN THIS EMAIL BECAUSE IT IS TBD ( to be determined ) ...they are out of their minds!!!

BodyLogicMD Reply:

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the office manager and will work with the practitioner to avoid negative interactions in the future.

$199 every time you need blood work done and they require it 4 times a year. Question them and they blame you.

Sorry, I don't have $600 plus consultation fees. Cashing in on women's pain is disgraceful

I'm glad I read these reviews. It just confirms what I thought to begin with.

I will say I myself had sent a couple emails explaining my situation and asked some simple questions. Not one response from them.

Both emails were ignored.

I guess I'll move on.

No follow up prior and nothing but more charges than they initially explained. I cancelled the apt and am moving on.

Thanks for sharing. You've provides me with a lot of insight.

I browsed the website and was intrigued, however I decided to check out the reviews before deciding to contact them or provide my information for them to contact me.

Thank you for providing your personal experience with them. You helped me make my decision.

They Will charge you everything in your bank account then max out all your credit cards. When the perscriptions really only cost 5$. They charge you a fee to write the script

View more comments (4)
Bodylogicmd Treatment
Cons
  • Over excessive cost

Bad experience

First they told me it will cost around 120 / Month for the treatment ... after seeing the doctor for 35 minutes (and not 1h30) and pay nearly $400 just for the visit + the blood test etc.., she told me that I was a diabetic (beginner), + other bad results, There was no one there except this doctor...

+ the cost of treatment (around 400 / Month) + other visit every 3 month + tests... The final cost was much more expensive than what they say. I tried for several week the treatment and I felt so bad, very nervous and excited, like I took amphetamines, even if it was not that, it was too strong for me. I stop, and visit my family doctor, with my result, who told me that this is lies, and worst, I am not able to take hormones because of my family story with breast cancer !!!!!

this could be dangerous. It's just for money. So I'm ok now, just some vitamines and exercice will be ok !!! Now I feel much more better, and happy to save money !

and Enjoy life !!!!

so be careful with this company. Thant you for your attention.

#1282053

What kind of herbal supliments would you recommend for severe adrenal fatigue ?

SUCKSSSSSSSSS

DO NOT GO HERE! THEY ARE A SCAM!

The doctor always tries to get you to buy as many things as possible and get pellets done so she can make money. The whole process takes over $2000+ which you can easily treat else where. The secretary that works there is stuck up and snobby and the new girl doesn't greet properly. Its a waste!

Save ur money! They do not know how to treat patients properly but rather use your money for their franchise, Im sure that if you did not pay that much money then the doctor would never even be involved in the business.

BodyLogicMD Reply:
Thank you for sharing. Please know that rude and negative behavior is not tolerated and we will look into your situation.

My health is worth an investment. Taking time to get supplements and bioidentical hormones right is hard and expensive but worth it.

What isn't worth it is a business profiting off of pain that doesnt help the patient and doesnt return calls or support a patients journey in anyway whatsoever. My Hashimottos numbers were worse after a year, the doctor never returned phone calls even after major allergic reactions and still Bodylogic charged over and over for everything

The review was a waste of time to even read i can tell this person does not understand the whole process or gave the process a real try long enough to see the benefits.

I can not speak for how the help treated you but i can speak for how the hormone treatments got my body back on track and saved my life! Normal treatments don't do what they do period!

if you want to stay sick then reject body-logic if you want to get better and healthy and live a great life then go to body-logic and give it a good 3 to 6 month try! you will see and feel the change!

Your health IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT.

#1282056

What is the total $ amount for 6 months will be?Thanks

@PissedConsumer1252975

Do you work for BodyLogic by any chance?

@PissedConsumer1252975

Anonymous (Dec 10, 2016) I have experienced BLMD for more than 6 months, because as you said I felt my health "IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT". It is my opinion that you really don't have the right to say that the original review writer "does not understand the whole process or gave the process a real try longe enough to see the benefits." It sounds like you are one of the very lucky few that had a positive experience with this place; because after 8 months they drained my savings, couldn't explain costs, never answered phones or emails, etc.

etc. I know how the review writer feels because I have suffered greatly at the hands of BodyLogic MD in the effort to invest in my health; both mentally and physically. I am truly happy that you are healthy and feeling great, sincerely!!!!! We all wish we could have had your experience, but maybe you should just empathize, offer suggestions; definitely not judge because you have not been on the dark side of this place...and believe me it is dark!

The original review writer not only is not feeling good, but is now degraded by this company, broke, feeling more depressed and sick probably from the stress of it all and the last thing they need is someone telling them what they did wrong. Because again, your experience is very rare as you can tell from all of the internet searches you can find regarding complaints that all the same; and the same as mine. And I gave it a good 8-9 months! I am an educated woman who is very smart and I didn't even see the scam coming!

Nor did I get better; and unfortunately these reviews were not as prevalent when I was researching and desperate to "invest in my health" that I still say you can't put a price tag on. I would pay it again as long as it wasn't the experience of BodyLogic MD and the staff they consider qualified. I guess I would just suggest thinking about the process from the writer's perspective and not just basing it on your experience as the "norm"; because I can 100% say your experience is NOT THE NORM! Please take no offense to this response, I respect your opinion, I just think it was a little harsh based on my experience which seemed to be very similar to the writer's and many others on this blog/website.

I hope your health is still thriving and continues to do so, there is no greater gift than to wake up in the morning and feel like you are happy to be awake!

Best to you in the future and I hope your luck continues at BodyLogicMD for your sake. Valerie.

@PissedConsumer1343312

WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW and everyone knows you're from the company.

@PissedConsumer1252975

Anonymous Troll....write your own review, who asked you. Sounds like you're from the company anyway.

View more comments (6)